Thursday, August 30, 2007

Good job, Nozomi!

Nozomi took first place at a recent speech contest. Very excited, she sent me this picture.


Here's her speech:

Hi. I’m Nozomi Suzuki. I go to Shibayama Junior High School. I like music and math, but my favorite subject is English. I attend ECC once a week on Wednesdays.

I’m on the basketball team at my school. There are sixteen members in all. Everyday after school we get together to practice for two hours. I’ve been playing basketball since I was nine years old. I really enjoy playing for the basketball team.

The basketball team has been a great experience for me. It’s more than just a hobby. It’s a chance for me to make friends with other students who share the same interests as me. We learn from each other and grow together. Being a part of the basketball team has taught me about teamwork, friendship, and most of all, to be considerate of others.

In the future, I would like to take these lessons and apply them to my life. Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean she's going to join debate when she comes out here?

:D

Robin

Anonymous said...

This is neat, Sam. Congratulations to you for Nozomi's success and for her need to share it with you so quickly! Maureen and Jim

Jeremy + Samantha said...

Robin,
That would be so rad...