Friday, May 12, 2006

Wow, my employer is evil.

Finally finishing up that degree thing means I qualify for a different working visa in Japan, and a salaried contract (I'm paid per working day at the moment). Today I got this email:
It has been the decision of the company not to change the status of your contract and to continue on as part-time with Interac.
"Part-time" is something of a euphamism here, as I work 45-50 hours a week, and have over a years worth of time sheets to prove it. I wrote a reply already, but it was somewhat intemperate, so I decided to hold off on sending it for now. I think I need to talk to the union's lawyer. I'm tired of not having sick days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Sorry, Greg. Step carefully and choose your words carefully. You do need the job...It's just a shame they can't recognize your hard work.

Thanks for the chocolates!! I am speechless! Love, Mum

Jeremy + Samantha said...

I think they recognize it, but also recognize that it's cheaper overall to keep Greg as a part time worker.

Anonymous said...

Well, that's encouraging.....I guess. MPM