Sunday, October 07, 2007

the end of a posting drought (hopefully)

I've been busy since the undoukai (I feel compelled to note, that sentence is essentially how we speak at this point. When we move home the random inclusion of Japanese nouns and verbs in our English speech is sure to cause endless amusement with prospective employers.), and Sam's still nursing that injured elbow and cursing Japanese medicine under her breath.

Anyway, here's what I was working on (the first part of it at any rate). My 5th and 6th graders pooled their collective knowledge of the English language (and asked many questions of me) and wrote the scripts for three short plays back before the summer break. I helped with things that were just too hard for 11 year-olds to translate. I also did the video editing after the fact, though they took care of set design and stage directions. I'm quite proud of them, all in all.

Like I said, here's part one. There are two more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK..looking forward to parts 2 and 3. Not as much as I'm looking forward to April 2008, when you'll return to OR. But I am looking forward to parts 2 and 3, Honest. Love, Mum

Greg said...

Could you actually follow what they were saying? I sometimes forget that the accents are impossible for people without experience living in Japan.

Anonymous said...

Well, I understood every "oh no" or "oh my gosh". The one place I had trouble was when they were in the ER (I think that's where they were). But you can tell your kids that your mom is deaf....I am handicapped for sure in understanding words on film.
Great fun, though, Greg!! thanks a lot. Jim and I love this. Maureen